If you wanted to make a spicy Shrimp/Prawn Curry and didn’t now how to; Here is instructions to make it happen. You know what I’m not a Cook at all 😉 I’m a beginner and I believe it would be easy for you to learn it from beginner rather than from an expert 🙂 just kidding
Before me letting you know the steps, I have to give the credits.! And here goes the list, first friend of mine Seshadri, he is the one who provided timely instruction and offered much help and Rajkumar, our chief cook and guru and expert who served as inspiration behind this effort.
- Frozen or Raw Prawn / Shrimp
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons ginger and garlic paste
- Large chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon iodized salt
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1 jalapeño
- V8 vegetable juice (added in place of tomato )
- cinnamon added for smell
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon mustard seed
Detailed Instructions :
- Peel the shrimp and remove the tails. Clean it with water.
- Fry roast the mustard seed with cumin in oil and add the green pepper and jalapeño during the course.
- Add the chopped onion to the mix and allow it to fry.
- Add the curry powder, chili powder and fry for a further 2 to 3 minutes on low heat
- Add the vegetable juice and stir gently
- Add the ginger garlic paste and cinnamon and stir well with salt
- Let it simmer for 10- 15 minutes
- Add the shrimp/ prawns and cook for further 10- 15 minutes until the prawns are cooked
I missed to add cilantro at the final step but make sure you don’t.
Wow..!!! now you’re ready with the tasty shrimp curry…. this is how I made it 🙂
Thanks again to Seshadiri but the point here to be noted is Seshadiri is a pure vegetarian 🙂If you like this post, buy me a coffee.