Create a simple Photolog using Blogger.com and Lightbox JS. A step by step guide for photo bloggers; to Integrate Lightbox with their existing Blogger publishing system.
Yesterday, I was trying to publish my own Photolog. I was looking for a good web serice so that it would ease my task. I am with Blogger for a quite time and still I have not moved my blog to WordPress, even I wish so. So I decided to go with Blogger again with the FTP publishing enabled. But blogger didn’t have any ready made plug-in for Lightbox so I had to hack the code little bit. Blogger with Ligthbox would give any blog a realistic Photolog look.
Step by Step Guide:-
- Download the Lightbox JS script from Here and copy the scripts to your web server most likely where your blog is been published.
- Login into Blogger system and go to Template –> Edit HTML
- Add the below line into the Meta section of HTML tag
<link rel="stylesheet" href="css/lightbox.css" type="text/css" media="screen">
- Add the following scripts tag in the header section of the HTML template
- Check the CSS and make sure the referenced prev.gif and next.gif files are in the right location. Also, make sure the loading.gif and close.gif files as referenced near the top of the lightbox.js file are in the right location.
- Once you’re done Save the Template.
- With Blogger, we will not able to tweak their system directly, since it is not open source software. So we need to have little manual effort every time before you publish a photo log entry.
- After creating a blog entry in Blogger system, do the following steps before publishing.
- Go to Edit HTML option in the Post window as show in the figure
- Once you have uploaded the image you will see an entry similar shown in the figure below.
- Replace the selected code above with
rel=”lightbox”as shown below
- You can also add title tag in tag to enable Caption in the LightBox displayed
- Now you’re all set and you can publish your Photolog.
If you like to have image sets for each post entry then you need to add
rel="lightbox[group_name]" for all the images that you which to show in that particular group image set. It should be similar to the below image.
Now you have a wonderful Photolog to start with as I do; Visit my PhotoLog at The PhotoLog
A little tweak that will allow users to run multiple yahoo messengers on a same machine.
Yahoo Messenger let users to test their messenger by making a tweak in registry. To accomplish this key value for
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\yahoo\pager\Test has to be altered. The key value is set to true then the messenger will function in test mode and users will be able to open up multiple instance of yahoo messenger.
To make yahoo messenger to open up multiple instance, you need to modify the registry key value. Here is a cut-short way of doing that.
Save the below code with .reg extension and double click to execute it.
Once the above code is entered into registry yahoo messenger will function in Test mode. To revert back to normal mode use the below code in same manner.
The above will the remove the feature of having multiple messengers open.
Happy chatting 🙂
Learn how you can tweak your Firefox application to consume less memory and work little faster.
I’m crazy about this browser right from the day of release. Firefox bought me in a change of browsing style. I really love this tool. But only concern I’ve about Firefox is its memory usage. Hope this would be the concern for other users as well as the Firefox developers. It sucks most of the memory space. I’d say Firefox is memory ravenous compared with IE.
Firefox has lot of memory leaks and that has been fixed the most in the latest release. Anyway that’s not our part Mozilla developers will take of that If you think you can contribute better then join their team. Visit Mozilla today to find out more ways to contribute.
Now let’s optimize Firefox to use less memory and to work faster. This is the smarter way too.
Type about:config in the address bar.
- Create a new Boolean entry config.trim_on_minimize and set it to true (This one works gr8 when ever you reduce the FireFox window. It almost saves 20 MB – 30 MB+)
- Set browser.cache.memory.capacity to a fixed size (the default values are: for 256 MB RAM – 14336, 512 MB RAM – 22528, 1 GB RAM – 32768). This is free 22MB max.
- Set browser.sessionhistory.max_total_viewers to 0. It can reduce around 20 MB of usage
- Change image.animation_mode to none. It has little impact on performance.
Now go to Tools/Options.
- Set the disk cache memory to a low value (less than 50 MB).
- Turn off Java (If you really don’t use it).
- Try to avoid memory hungry extension. If you decide to use some; don’t use more that 5.
- Clear the download history now and then. Don’t let the list to accumulate. This will have impact on the performance.
Using these tips, I was able to reduce around 40 – 50 MB of memory usage. So why to wait try it today. Happy Browsing.
It’s important and mandatory that the emails we send have relevant “subject” to it. At times, we miss to mention the subject and send email. Please follow the simple steps below which will prevent you from sending a mail without a subject. This should/must be configured in office mailbox in which subjects are more crucial.
Here are the below steps
- Open your outlook
- Press Alt+F11. This opens the Visual Basic editor
- On the Left Pane, one can see “Microsoft Outlook Objects”, expand this. Now one can see the “ThisOutLookSession.”
- Click on “ThisOutLookSession”.
- Copy and Paste the following code in the right pane.(Code Pane)
Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, Cancel As Boolean)
Dim strSubject As String
strSubject = Item.Subject
If Len(strSubject) = 0 Then
Prompt$ = "Subject is Empty. Are you sure you want to send the Mail?"
If MsgBox(Prompt$, vbYesNo + vbQuestion + vbMsgBoxSetForeground, "Check for Subject") = vbNo Then
Cancel = True
Save this and now close the VB Code editor and take a breath. From now on, this macro will make sure you do not make the mistake of sending a mail without subject.
Tweak to remove the annoying ads that is displayed in Yahoo Messenger chat and web-cam window.
If you have installed the newest Yahoo Messenger 8.0 or Yahoo Messenger 7.5 you’ll notice a very annoying animated ad at the bottom of the main window, web-cam & chatroom etc.. I’m sure it’s hard to resist to Yahoo’s update dialogs. Here is a simple how-to tutorial to remove ads in Yahoo Messenger 7.5 and higher.
Save the below code with .reg extension
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
"Webcam Upload Ad"="*"
"Webcam Viewer Ad"="*"
"Webcam Viewer Ad Bid"="*"
"Webcam Viewer Ad Medium"="*"
"Change Room Banner"="*"
then double click the file to update the registry with new settings for Yahoo Messenger.
or alternatively Open Regedit, navigate to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ Yahoo\pager\YUrl and create a new string value named Messenger Ad that has the value * (an asterisk). Similarly create the following keys and assign
'*' as the value.
Webcam Upload Ad
Webcam Viewer Ad
Webcam Viewer Ad Big
Webcam Viewer Ad Medium
Change Room Banner
Now you will not see ads anymore in your yahoo messenger.. 🙂