Well, its been quite a while since I wrote about my cook exploration. Here is present to you my latest in the list and it is Vegetarian dish know as Dhal Fry. Dhal is a standard dish among the veg crowd.This might not be new to everyone but the preparation method varies person to person. Here I present to you what I have tried.
- 1 cup of tuvar dhal (lentils)
- 1 large cut onion
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp chille powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup yogurt
- 3 pcs cilantro
- 2 cup of water
The preparation is quite simple.
- Cook the dhal in pressure cooker with water.
- In another pan saute the onions until the color changes.
- Add the spices and coconut. Cook it for few minutes.
- Add the dhal along with yogurt to this mixture and cook it for 5-8 minutes in low temperature.
- Now garnish with cilantro and few coconut shreds.
Now we have delicious dhal fry which will go well with rice.
Have you tried this ever? else try and let me know your feedback.If you like this post, buy me a coffee.