Sometime back couple of my blogging friends, Grace and Mark tagged me for a Blogging Tip meme. This one really sounded different than others since it was started by a big mind 🙂 This meme will provide an extensive list of blogging tips provided by bloggers.
Here goes the meme.
1. Look, read, and learn. *******
2. Be, EXCELLENT to each other. ******
3. Donâ€™t let money change ya! *****
4. Always reply to your comments. ***
5. Spell check is your friend. **
6. Be the blog. ***
7. Your readers are your treasure. ***
8. Link liberally â€” it keeps you and your friends afloat in the Sea of Technorati. **
9. Titles Are Everything *
10. Learn From The Pros. ***
11. Pay a visit to your visitors. Be active in your community. *
12. Blog about your passions. *
13. Donâ€™t give up – persistence is fertile. **
14. Give link credit where credit is due.
15. Develop your own â€œvoiceâ€ donâ€™t â€œborrowâ€ someone elseâ€™s
16. Blog about what you know & love. **
17. Alt tag your images for added search engine exposure. **
18. Blogging is supposed to be fun, Donâ€™t let it stress you! *
19. Donâ€™t be afraid to comment on other bloggers sites!
20. Donâ€™t use filthy language-buy a dictionary. *
21. Blog about something educational.
22. Be what you is, not what you isnâ€™t. *
(drop by and email me if you know this reference!)
23. Make Blog Your Own **
24. What the world needs is content. Provide it. *
25. Post at least once a day!*
26. Have an informative About Me page*
–Marcus at willifordblog
27. Never underestimate the power of a good looking blog. **
28. Follow your own path. Do anything you want to, itâ€™s your blog. ***
29. Write because youâ€™re passionate about the topic, not because itâ€™s popular. *
30. Your blog. Your money. Your rules. **
– Cash Quests
31. Donâ€™t put off until tomorrow what you can blog today. Backlogs are the primary cause of Bloggersâ€™ Block.
32. Self-promotion is only good in small doses. (Deliberately creating a â€œmemeâ€ to get your URL spammed across the net is a large dose.)
33. Always give a link back when using othersâ€™ info.
34. Link & Link Often. **
– Average Joe Blogger
35. Pictures say a thousand words and can usually add to any post.*
36. Participating in â€˜memesâ€™ is a distructive habit and should be avoided at all costs.
37. How we all need a goal. *
38. Nothing cries out â€œStop Readingâ€ like misspelled words and bad punctuation. *
39. Donâ€™t be afraid to evolve. *
40. Take advantage of the ability to future date posts. *
41. Donâ€™t pass on memes!
42. Stay out of your comfort zone. Take risks, donâ€™t be afraid to look dumb. **
43. Visit all the bloggers that leave comments for you – itâ€™s nice to know who is reading!*
44. Make a blogger template unique: change the background colour, or add a background picture to your header.
45. Write positively even if the situation is seemingly negative â€” spread joy and not gloom. You can do it!
46. Thrown in something humorous occasionally, to keep things fun. *
47. Make it easy for your readers – use tags and labels and keep it simple! *
48. Blog for yourself and your own pleasure, because you want to – if it stops being fun, stop blogging.
49. Blog about what you enjoy, not what people want to see.
50. When you find something that interests you, write about it. Sharing yourself with others is one of the best things about blogging. *
51. Blog Daily (or at least, very regularly). People will give up looking if youâ€™re not around a lot!
52. Sometimes, less is more. Step back and look at your blog – is it too busy? Are there enough pictures to make it interesting? Think about how a visitor would perceive your blog – making it visitor-friendly will help get you return visits.
53. Make sure you have your facts straight.
54. You canâ€™t please everyone â€” just write what you feel. **
55. Keep to a schedule. People return to blogs when they know they will find something new.
56. Keep writing, no matter what, and the quality will follow. **
57. ADHD Just means more topics to blog about. **
58. Write for your niche. **
59. Your two most important tools â€“ enthusiasm and dedication. *
60. Consistently update your blog. It doesnâ€™t have to be every day, but 2-3 times a week is good
61. Donâ€™t forget to play the part of editor and proofreader before clicking that post button.
62. Donâ€™t be afraid to talk about your personal life once in a while. *
63. Keep in mind that people might be using a feed reader (Bloglines, Google Reader, etc.) to keep up with your blog. This means they see your posts, but not that gorgeous new design template, or your completely redesigned sidebars. So if you change your blogâ€™s â€œlook and feel,â€ write a post about it to let everyone know!
63. Donâ€™t be afraid of giving an honest opinion when you post, even if it is different from most others, as long as you can explain your position and give a decent reason for it. **
64. Donâ€™t pressure yourself to blog everyday. Itâ€™s your blogâ€¦remember? *
65. If you disagree, be kind, not insulting or crude! *
66. There is no â€œdumbâ€ question about blogging, if you donâ€™t know ask ***
67. Keep a pen in your purse, car, pocket protector, whatever because blog material happens every single day and you need to write it down so you donâ€™t forget. Then take those scraps of paper and throw them in a bowl. When you are stuck for an original idea, pull one out.
68. It never hurts to proofread.
69. Write like your talking to a friend.
70. If you have a problem, ask. Bloggers are very generous with info. ***
71. Write to your readers. *
– AdSense Tracker
72. Have some variety: sometimes it is nice to talk about something outside your normal box so your regular readers can have something new to read.
73. Blog on a regular basis
74. When commenting on othersâ€™ blogs, a few kind words go a long way. **
75. Do your best to post to your blog every day. Readers like to find something new when they click on a website, so try not to disappoint them.
76. Follow the links in posts and comments. You never know what blog gems you will find! **
77. Donâ€™t hold back. ***
78. Make sure you check your links! *
79. Blog every day. It gives the writing muscle exercise. *
80. Veganize favorite recipes from your childhood!
81. Link without expectations of reciprocity. It is better to give than to get.
82. Be Brave, some of the best posts are when you step out of your comfort zone. **
83. Short Fiction is the bomb! **
84. Whenever possible, spread some positive thoughts and love. The world needs more of them. ***
85. Write down from your heart or head. Either way asks yourself why you ever get started. *
86. As your readers questions. Make them feel like they are a part of your blog and that you care about what they think. **
87. Write once, edit often. ***
88. Networking isnâ€™t just for Fishermen. *
89. Memes are fun and a great way to get to know other bloggers!
90. Be yourself! Be honest! Be real! Be opinionated! Itâ€™s your blog afterall. And be anonymous (safety first)! Donâ€™t try to imitate another â€œpopularâ€ bloggerâ€™s style and donâ€™t look at sitemeter all the time or try to cater to the â€œmassesâ€ in order to get â€œpopularâ€ or gain a readership. If you do, youâ€™ll become a slave to otherâ€™s whims and you wonâ€™t be yourself anymore.
–Spit Out the Cat
91. Redesign your site often. Visual boredom breeds textual complacency.
92. Ensure font size of words is not too small and colour of words donâ€™t drown in background. – http://booksloveme.blogspot.com/
93.Do at least a few of the blogging quizzes available. It lets people know a little more about you.**
94. Even when you disagree with a bloggerâ€™s post, donâ€™t leave rude comments. Always be kind. *
95. Join the blogosphere community. Participate in carnivals. Join challenges. Have fun.
96. Inspire minds with your thoughts *
Update : All Tags removed! People are not interested in year old memes ;-( If you like this post, buy me a coffee.