Picnik is another online image editing tool like Fauxto, Snipshot etc. Picnik is relatively new, fast and stylish flash based online photo editor. Picknic is my personal favorite now in online photo editing.
Click! Click! Click! and you’re done.
I stopped at Picnik.com today when I was searching for Picasa Web Album API, which was released earlier today. Picnik is one of the featured projects that use Googleâ€™s Gdata API. I was really amazed with this tool. I have tried couple of other online photo editing tools before but nothing fascinated me as much as Picnik. TechCrunch also reports Picnik has replaced PXN8, their Ajax-based favorite online editing tool.
Picnik is completely different application in the Web2.0 buzz. Picknik is completely Flash based their user interface is fastest among the best. The coolest part is Picnik has API based integration with most popular web albums Flikr and PicasaWeb. Picnik is an innovative tool that brings the online photo editing much flexible and simple never before. Picnik would be a better alternative to any offline photo-editing tool for simple operations like crop, resize, and more. Picnik does bundle with few advanced options like basic photo effects, borders and special effects.
Picknik is currently in free public beta and it would come with premium plan in future but the basic image editing option would be free. Picnik is currently looking for naming convention of their premium version. Picnik is released by a Seattle based start up company called Bitnik
- Crop, rotate, and resize picture in real time
- One click photo fixing and other in-depth color editing
- Believe me it is fast than advertised 🙂
- Integrates with most of the photo sharing / printing sites
- No installation required. All online.
- Compatible with Window/ Mac and Linux
- Completely FREE during beta after that basic features will remain free
- Easy to use and fast user interface.
Picknik supports JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, TGA, and TIF picture formats. Picnik can grab photos from any of the below source for editing.
- Flickr Album / Picasa Web Album
- Upload directly from computer
- Grab the photos from site directly
- Yahoo / Flickr search
- Capture directly from Web Camera
Available Editing Options
With Picnik you can auto fix the photo for color and exposure. Also it has basic Rotate, Crop, Resize, Color, Exposure, Sharpen, and Red-Eye editing options. These features come handy. Also you have unlimited UNDO options available so that you can keep editing as you need.
The advance editing option comes with basic photo effects like Sepia, B/W, Boost, Soften, Vignette, and Matte. Also you can create border easily around the picture using the border option. Also there are few other advanced options that come in bundle with premium offering.
Save & Share
Picnik supports really cool options for saving and sharing. The wide options include
- You can save directly to flickr or picasa account.
- Email the photo to anyone
- Save it locally in the computer
- Creating a flickr slideshow and share it across the website
- Email to photo sharing / printing websites
- Print the photos directly
Bottom line, Picnik is a free online photo-editing tool that can be used for basic editing purpose that reduces the burden of installing a heavy desktop application.
Try this out today and share your comment and feedback.